Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Update on not using a night cream

I having been following the Dr. Hauschka method of not using a night cream. I have to say I am a bit confused about this. One major thing I have noticed is that I wake up with less lines in my face. I have one line I notice under my left eye that is starting to appear and I notice it the most when I wake up in the morning. I try not to sleep on my stomach but always end up that way. Well not using a night cream seems to have lessened those lines I get from smushing my face into my pillow. Interesting! Also I have noticed little tiny black heads on my face seem to be wanting out! Sometimes we think a little red bump on the skin is a pimple. Well sometimes its not and it is really a congested pore. Which means you need to give more force to get this "blackhead" out of the skin. I have noticed more of these popping up on my face. Which I happen to think is a good thing. You want that stuff to come out, rather than getting lodged in the skin and staying there. So I think I will start to get a mud mask on my face and see if they helps draw the gunk out.
The one down side if you look very closely to my skin you can see it is dehydrated. Dehydrated skin looks like it has more tiny little wrinkles it in, as if it is being pulled very taught. Now dehydrated skin means its lacking water and this can cause aging.
So if I really wanted to stick with this method I think I could give myself moisture boosts a couple times a week with a hydrating mask. But I think my skin is to dry for that. I think what is best for me is to start using a night cream again. Maybe one day a week I will not use a night cream just in case Dr. Hauschka is correct in the skin needing to repair itself without the use of creams/lotions.

No comments: